Women have a 1 in 20 chance of getting some type of gynaecological cancer in their lifetime

Ovarian cancer is the most fatal gynaecological malignancy. It is often called “The Silent Killer”.

* Back aches

* Abdomen swelling

*Indigestion



Photobucket

Ion's Odyssey joins the campaign!

'Space' available on-board for sponsors of this world-voyage!



PRESS-RELEASES



Awareness Campaign Seeks More Supporters For Ovarian Cancer



Supporters Making Beautiful Music


Diva Store

FLYLADY FLYS IN!

Photobucket

Photobucket



My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia

Welcome to Freesia Events` This is where I'll continue to spread the awareness message, while advertising any campaigns/events.







Videos for Awareness-"Feel teal Friday"

Boomer blogs on the go!

"FEEL TEAL FRIDAY & DANCE AGAIN"

SOCIAL MEDIA-Making ita success!

FREESIAS FOR CHRISTMAS

ALLERGY AWARENESS

The Official website for Debbie Stevens-Deliberate...

Making a Difference-

I'm a woman....I was BORN to survive!

DEBBIE'S RADIO INTERVIEW-




Deliberately Debbie
Debbie's Blogs
Feel Teal Club
FEEL TEAL
Chookfiles

Flip Side To Music
Feeltealclub@ Twitter
Dorothy Down Under
Lost in Lilac
Loni Reeder
cdbaby-Rick Finch
Richard Finch Productions
Michelle Toohey
ION'S ODYSSEY
Anthony Snape
GECKO COTTAGE



Blogger

Photobucket
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Awareness Questionnaire-

In conjunction with the “Feel teal” campaign, I’ve decided to share the following now, rather than later- What’s it going to take to gain full-attention, of the world? Here stands a cancer not understood, nor recognised, thus keeping it buried in the shadows of darkness- I’m completely familiar with the enormity of such a task, some days it can be overbearing but I cant give up! Like others before me, and those ahead, it’s my silent determination to continue the journey of raising the profile, by raising the level of awareness associated with ovarian cancer- Some may think me crazy, others, well perhaps they view me as a woman ‘obsessed’!? yes, I dare say they’re right in their assumptions, but this still doesn’t remove or lessen the urgency. In absolute fairness to you, [especially if you’ve already ‘lost interest’ in this post], I offer this apology ahead of time, but don’t apologise for my quest. I give you this challenge, hopefully, you’ll accept! Try asking others the question, “How are we tested for ovarian cancer?” Let’s compare notes! I’d love to hear your feedback [if any] because it will serve as a gauge for an upcoming Questionnaire- I’d like to gather enough information from my readers, in order to set-up a form. Your participation could help! Once this task is complete, I will announce details of the form and its location. Feel free to email your response/s, otherwise, a ’reply-post’ is welcome!
“Feel teal Friday & dance again for ovarian cancer awareness”- September 4th, 2009
Cheers!,
Debbie Stevens




Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Debbie,

I applaud your efforts in raising awareness of this disease that has, for far too long, remained under the radar. To date, it's a difficult cancer to diagnose and, when it finally is discovered, it's often too late. I have NEVER been tested for Ovarian cancer. My gyn presses down on my ovaries during an exam but, to my knowledge, that's all that she does.
You're leading a very important fight for a vital cause. Please keep up your remarkable work. You're a woman on a mission and a person I greatly admire!

August 29, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

I agree with Eileen. You have taken on a cause you are passionate about and that is making a huge difference. In the U.S., I cn honestly say we are seeing more and more Public Service Announcements about cervical cancer and I know that didn't happen just a few short years ago. You are to be commended for your efforts!

August 30, 2009 at 4:36 AM  

Thanks to you both-
It's almost like seeing the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, knowing others appreciate my efforts & have seen movement towards change, what a blessing!

It's definitely worth every hurdle!!

August 31, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Share on Facebook