Women have a 1 in 20 chance of getting some type of gynaecological cancer in their lifetime

Ovarian cancer is the most fatal gynaecological malignancy. It is often called “The Silent Killer”.

* Back aches

* Abdomen swelling

*Indigestion



Photobucket

Ion's Odyssey joins the campaign!

'Space' available on-board for sponsors of this world-voyage!



PRESS-RELEASES



Awareness Campaign Seeks More Supporters For Ovarian Cancer



Supporters Making Beautiful Music


Diva Store

FLYLADY FLYS IN!

Photobucket

Photobucket



My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia

Welcome to Freesia Events` This is where I'll continue to spread the awareness message, while advertising any campaigns/events.







FREESIAS FOR CHRISTMAS

ALLERGY AWARENESS

The Official website for Debbie Stevens-Deliberate...

Making a Difference-

I'm a woman....I was BORN to survive!

DEBBIE'S RADIO INTERVIEW-

A Cup of Tea With Dad

'Twenty One Years On-Living with Addison's Disease

The WHOLE pre-menopause thing!!

Deb and the Divas`




Deliberately Debbie
Debbie's Blogs
Feel Teal Club
FEEL TEAL
Chookfiles

Flip Side To Music
Feeltealclub@ Twitter
Dorothy Down Under
Lost in Lilac
Loni Reeder
cdbaby-Rick Finch
Richard Finch Productions
Michelle Toohey
ION'S ODYSSEY
Anthony Snape
GECKO COTTAGE



Blogger

Photobucket
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
SOCIAL MEDIA-Making ita success!

"PASSIONS" is an enlightening programme, held each Sunday evening with its lovely host, Beverly Mahone. When I heard of this week's topic, it was time to settle back, headset, pen/paper and begin taking crucial notes!
Bev's special guest, was an interesting gentleman by the name of Mitch Mitchell, and if you are an avid Twitter who is keen to get the 'lowdown' on Social media advice, Mitch is your man.
Twitter was discussed, but with so many other tools & advice on offer, we found the conversation went beyond this, not that I'm complaining, I picked up some valuable pointers!
Beverly & Mitch first bumped each other at another social site, the Ryze network, which took them onto other new ventures.
Topics such as the phenoneman that is, Twitter, we listened carefully as Mitch laid out the most simple, yet basic rules to using these social sites to our advantage, and I came away with another viewpoint-My blogs needed more content, a better appearance which would appear much more appealing to the kind of traffic I've been insearch of!

I don't belive I need copy from my 'notes', this discussion was easy to understand, and I was quietly pleased with what steps I'd apparently already achieved?
Bev went on to tell us of a recent telephone chat these two shared, Bev hoping to learn more on the monetary side of Blogging, and whether or not there is indeed, money to be made.
I appreciated Mitch being straightforward with his audience, explaining the 'how-to's' with each question put before him-The key to a successful Blog/Website, content! But this also depends on why you blog to begin with. Obviously, if it's to promote/advertise a business, you want to keep the flow of visitors, ensuring they return ona regular basis.
I truly enjoyed the way Mitch gave us an axample of what people look for, and what attracts.

Not neccessarily a 'theme', but cosmetics has alot to do with it! As he cleverly out to our host: "If you were interviewing a woman with a very interesting topic, what would grab your attention?"
If the guest arrived, neatly dressed, the clothes, hair, whole caboodle....and presenting her story, it would be welcomed. But what if, the same person, with the same topic of great interest, arrived in jeans, and t-shirt with a hole??? Would we still be interested? Or wouldher appearance distract us? Well said!
The cosmetics make up the Blog's colour scheme, it should all blend in together, like symetry.
With those words echoing inside my own head, I knew there were certain Blogs whichI needed to address!

Affilited networks was another topic close to my heart, and though I already knew alot of what Mitch was putting out, my time doing research on this has truly paid off! Still a way to go, but I feel more confident.
The rulesare easy....be perfectly clear about your reason for blogging, don't drop off with your article-writing, even though it is, a tough job! That's right, being a writer isn't easy and I toograteful someone else pointed this out....it also allowed Bev a chance to [as Mitch so nicely expressed,'sell yourself'!] mention her book; "Whatever!"......

If you are as eager as I am, to learn more, Mitch invites you to stop by his Site, http://Imjustsharing.com
where there's a host of important, yet easy-to-follow instructions which are bound to help you in the social media world! Mitch is also at twitter: http://twitter.com/mitch_m
I'm now following him, if you're serious about getting it rightin this field, I invite you to do likewise.
Another enjoyable "Passions" programme, and as Bev so nicely put, "Not only is Mitch a joy to connect with, but he's also, a baby boomer man!! Thanks to you both.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

well done!! love the colours, especially the little birdie!! youre a very clever!! Go get em mate!!!

June 11, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

I can't wait to hear what Mitch has to say, because I need all the help I can get!

Your site looks beautiful! I love the color scheme. It's soothing, and the site is uncluttered, not that it was before, it wasn't.

One thing that has always impressed me about you, Debbie, is your eagerness to learn, and your openness to new and fresh ideas. You stellar attitude Diva-ish!

I've spent too much time lately looking at other wedding blogs, thinking I needed to change to conform. Now I realize that what I was doing was unique in my field, and that was giving solid advice to anyone planning a wedding. This is just confirmation that I need to return to my roots.

June 11, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

Thank you ladies, your responses encouraging!

Pam---I'm glad you realised the worth of your [b]own [b]blog! Told you, it reflects YOU...lovely :)

Debbie

June 11, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

I agree with Pam!!!!! cool!! yes love the soothing colours and everything...hope the word gets out there. this message from Vicki

June 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Debbie,

I appreciate the fact that you listen to my shows and are able to come away with some valuable information. That really is the purpose of doing these shows. Your transcription of what you hear is awesome--just like Mitch!

June 15, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Wow, thank you for the great write up! I do have to let you know, though, that the apostrophe in the link to my site won't get people there. :-)

I'm glad Bev and I have inspired you to greater things. I can't wait to read that autobiography one day when you get to tell everyone the day things turned around and guided you towards being a famou millionaire!

June 15, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Hi Deb,

Enjoyed reading your post, especially as I know both Mitch and Bev. Both get a thumbs up from me. Fun watching your blog and talent develop and grow.

June 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Thanks Bev, Mitch & Heidi :)
I am sincerely enjoying this journey and always appreciate the feedback!

God bless x

June 18, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Share on Facebook